Sunday, July 16, 2006

I O G B


the other day i was on my way to work and i saw a car in front of me, and it had the car plate IOGB . its like it was speaking out to me when i found out what it meant, it was telling me a message . was talkin to a friend on the fon yesterday . she said she remembered the 1st few mths when i just got here, everyday talking abt my ex n my old life n complainin i got no friends and LA is not the place i tot it would be . after many mths of complaining, sleeping, eating n lots of basketball . 19 mths of ups and downs . iv finally declare myself absorb and adapted to the lifestyle of an urban resident in the city called Los Angeles . ppl come, ppl go, ppl who i met when i just got here has move on, some even went back, some just grew distant, newcomers are in the house . one day they will leaVe too , but it aint that big of a deal to me anymore . cz i know its not only happening to me of because of the location, i used to blame it on the location and ppl around me . but i was a fool . from what i learnt after so many mths being here . its becoz thats life . its happening everywhere, here in los angeles, kuching whereva . n another thing that came to a shock to me . it just din happen when i got here in LA . its been happening all my life . friends come n go . interest differs with time . mutual interest differs, conflicts, dramas . and ppl move on n choose whereva n whom they feel most comfortable with . and abt my ex, its time for me to let her live her life without me constantly being a nuisance to her . theres no more complaining abt life from me ... its summer in LA . time to party hard, and that operation has already been operating since the start of summer ..

It Only Gets Better ...

10 Comments:

Blogger calvism said...

right :P

2:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You used to tell me let bygones be bygones. as time goes by, I try to let my frightening feeling rest here. At some point, i should and i have to because holding the past about someone else inside just eats me up.

But, there are something that happen and no matter what, you can't forget about it and let it go. I totally understand. I'd never expect you to live without seeing anything that reminds you of your past. And if you do, I wouldn't pretend that i'm alright, but somehow, I'd manage to have myself just to get past it. As others wish to be comparable with her, I just want to stick with my way cuz i'm not gonna put myself as a replacement of any existing shadow at the first place.

Apprently in this 10 months, you are the person who locked me and yourself in the past and fell back into the grip of that painful moment. I can understand you're not confident enough to put in all-out effort. I can temp blind myself up when you said you didn't treat me as good as the previous one. But, it would be an issue when you did the comparison and wished i could have both of her and my good points at the same time. my heart knew of nothing but hatred when you lost in the space that lies somewhere in between the realitiy and the memories. it's hurt.

Anyhow, thanks for being honest to me. In fact, i'm feeling better when you've shared me your thoughts and decided to move on.

6:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

welcome to urban life.... Multiply that experience by 5 fucking years and add an additional year staying in a ghetto (eg in ur case Compton, LA).... that's how i feel... oh.. dun forget... there is no basketball in London...

1:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

good attitude marv!

2:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

god i am a net nerd. i thot iogb meant 10 gigabytes mahauhauha. how embarrassing

5:52 AM  
Blogger こうゆうけん said...

So... that's life huh! Sigh...

6:28 AM  
Blogger Wildfire Princess said...

This is a part of life that not everyone have a chance to ge through. See to it that you are stronger for the extra experience that you are going through. It's the same case with me in Dubai but all it takes is a little more effort than before. Never take things or people for granted.

11:47 AM  
Blogger cooknengr said...

Question, where was this shot taken ? Ie street intersection...great picture.

1:51 PM  
Blogger blabla said...

this is great post! it somehow encouraged me at the meantime.
it's important tht we hv to remain strong and happy spirit inside. hence, whatever u see, dun care whatever shitty things in past or what, they would tend to be something u can learn from. where as, if u constantly let the trouble troubles u, holding back to the past and producing confusions, u would only destroy yourself. and this could hv affect others too, esp those close ones. somewhat the cycle has to be broke.
cuz u gonna grow and experience more ahead, and so many todays turning to yesterdays. wht so big deal if yesterdays nv come back, u still hv tomorrows, as long as ur heart is still beating.
u r a very gifted guy Marv, it's just u hvnt fully discover and make full use of them positively. do be grateful of wht u hv now, and grateful to the past tht built u up too. and u impressed me as always, cuz u r brave and true to share among your real-self.

1:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It will really only gets better, Marv ... Move on and life does go on ... We do know that the life doesnt revolve around us and life might not be as perfect as how we want it to be, Marv ... But its okay. We strive for we think its worth figthing for.

Friends come and go ... You ... still have me as a friend. Eventhough it really has been quite some times i have not seen u, brother.

1:28 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home